标签:
"He‘s in a wheelchair now," Charlie continued when I didn‘t respond,
他现在在轮椅上了,没等我回答查理斯就继续说到,
"so he can‘t drive anymore, and he offered to sell me his truck cheap.
所以他不能开车了,他就低价把他的车卖给我了
""What year is it?" I could see from his change of expression that this was the question he was hoping I wouldn‘t ask.
几年了?我能从他的表达转换中看出他不想让我问这件事情
哪年的车?”我可以从他骤变的神色看出,这是一个他不希望我提起的问题。
"Well, Billy‘s done a lot of work on the engine — it‘s only a few year sold, really.
当然,billy是干引擎工作的,只有一两年就卖了,真的
嗯,比利在引擎上下了不少力气——才几年的车,真的。
"I hoped he didn‘t think so little of me as to believe I would give up that easily.
我想他不认为我会这么简单就相信他说的话
"When did he buy it?""He bought it in 1984, I think."
他什么时候买的,我想是在1984年买的
"Did he buy it new?""Well, no. I think it was new in the early sixties — or late fifties atthe earliest," he admitted sheepishly.
他是买的新的吗?不是,我想应该有56成新,他羞怯的承诺着
"Ch — Dad, I don‘t really know anything about cars. I wouldn‘t be able to fix it if anything went wrong,
查…父亲,我对这辆车一无所知,如果有任何问题出现的话我没有能力去修。
and I couldn‘t afford a mechanic…""Really, Bella, the thing runs great.
而且我没有能力支付引擎。。。真的,bella,车跑得挺好的
我也没有钱请个修理工……”
They don‘t build them like that anymore.
没有造的像这更好的了
"The thing, I thought to myself… it had possibilities — as a nickname, at the very least.
对这件事,我想到了我自己。。。如果有可能的话,就像是一个昵称,最后的一条路把
"How cheap is cheap?" After all, that was the part I couldn‘t compromise on.
多便宜算是便宜呢?毕竟这是我最不能妥协的地方了
"Well, honey, I kind of already bought it for you. As a homecoming gift.
当然,亲爱的,我几乎已经为你买下来了,作为你回家的礼物
"Charlie peeked sideways at me with a hopeful expression.
查理斯用希望的眼神瞥了我一眼
好了,宝贝,作为欢迎你回家的礼物,我几乎已经算是买下来了。”查理满怀希望地偷看着我。
Wow. Free.
哈,免费。
标签:
原文地址:http://www.cnblogs.com/linkstar/p/5726582.html