标签:
Throughout all this conversation, my eyes flickered again and again to the table where the strange family sat.
从对话的自始自终我的眼睛都一遍又一遍的闪烁在那个奇怪家庭的位置上。
They continued to look at the walls and not eat.
他们继续看着墙并且不吃东西。
"Have they always lived in Forks?" I asked.
他们经常住在福克斯?我问道
Surely I would have noticed them on one of my summers here.
当然我在这里的一个夏天就应该注意到他们。
确实是这样的话,在我呆在这里的某个夏天我就该注意到他们了。
"No," she said in a voice that implied it should be obvious, even to a new arrival like me.
不是。她用显而易见的语气说道,即使对于我这样的新生来说。
"They just moved down two years ago from somewhere in Alaska."
他们只是两年前从Alaska搬来。
I felt a surge of pity, and relief. Pity because, as beautiful as they were, they were outsiders, clearly not accepted.
我感到一阵怜悯涌上心头,还有宽慰。怜悯是因为,他们的美丽,他们是局外人,肯定没有被接受。
Relief that I wasn‘t the only newcomer here, and certainly not the most interesting by any standard.
宽慰的是新来的不止我一个,站在任何立场上面都不是最感兴趣的。
无论以任何标准评判也绝不是最引人注目的。
As I examined them, the youngest, one of the Cullens, looked up and met my gaze, this time with evident curiosity in his expression.
随着我对他们的了解,最年轻的Cullens中的一人,抬头看见我的凝视,这次在他的表达中有着明显的好奇心。
As I looked swiftly away, it seemed to me that his glance held some kind of unmet expectation.
随着我的目光移走,对于我来说他的一瞥有着一些为满足的期待。
标签:
原文地址:http://www.cnblogs.com/linkstar/p/5915729.html